[Home ] [Archive]   [ فارسی ]  
:: Main :: About :: Current Issue :: Archive :: Search :: Submit :: Contact ::
:: Volume 2, Issue 2 (summer 2016) ::
3 2016, 2(2): 116-124 Back to browse issues page
Qualitative and Quantitative Survey of Solid Wastes Generated in Governmental Hospitals of Urmia in 2016
S Khosravipour , A Nejati
Abstract:   (641 Views)

Backgrounds & aim: One of the problems that threats the public health and environment is the disposal of medical wastes, in which due to having dangerous toxic agents and potential pathogenesis, has taken particular sensitivity. In this respect, lack of attention to the management of these types of wastes can be a serious risk to public health. This research was carried out to study the quantity and quality of solid wastes in public hospitals of Urmia city.

Methods: In this study, weighed the produced wastes of hospital in public hospitals of Urmia city during three months in term of wastes of semi-home solid waste, infectious, sharp and chemical, also was obtained separately produced wastes average in each hospital, and finally was extracted total amount of produced wastes in hospitals of public Urmia city on daily and annually.

Results: Based on information obtained from this research, the average total amount of waste produced by the public hospitals is 7430/11 kg per day and the annual amount is approximately 2712 tons in the city of Urmia in which 65% of these wastes is ordinary and the remaining 35 percent of dangerous waste.

Conclusion: Due to the high volume production of infectious waste at public hospitals and the threat of waste, Careful and continuous monitoring of the management of these materials, particularly in collection and disposal process is needed to provide, maintain and enhance the health of exposed people and the rest of society.

Keywords: Infectious Waste, Non-Infectious Waste, Securing, Urmia Hospitals.
Full-Text [PDF 118 kb]   (397 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Research | Subject: General
Received: 2017/06/21 | Accepted: 2017/06/21 | Published: 2017/06/21
Send email to the article author

Add your comments about this article
Your username or Email:

Write the security code in the box >

XML   Persian Abstract   Print

Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Khosravipour S, Nejati A. Qualitative and Quantitative Survey of Solid Wastes Generated in Governmental Hospitals of Urmia in 2016. 3. 2016; 2 (2) :116-124
URL: http://oeh.arums.ac.ir/article-1-82-en.html

Volume 2, Issue 2 (summer 2016) Back to browse issues page
فصلنامه سلامت محیط و کار Occupational and Environmental Health
Persian site map - English site map - Created in 0.1 seconds with 30 queries by YEKTAWEB 3701